Find out more...
The tour of the mountains of Aubrac is a hike in the heart of the Massif Central, between the departments of Lozère, Aveyron and Cantal. These are 259 km of marked trails that can be covered in about 10 days of hiking.
Between the Lot and Truyère valleys, you'll cross vast granite and basalt plateaus, but also meadows and pasture lands. You'll stop in typical villages of this region such as Saint-Chély-d'Aubrac, Laguiole or Rieutort-d'Aubrac and their remarkable structural heritage.
Moreover, your hike on the Tour of the Aubrac Mountains will certainly give you a chance to meet up with many pilgrims leaving for the famous Compostela de Santiago route. Perhaps this legendary trail will be one of your next hikes?
Ideas for stages
You can use the following stages to prepare your hike. Of course, these can be modified according to your chosen accommodations:
- Aumont-Aubrac - Prinsuéjols : 16 km
- Prinsuéjols - Le Buron de Rajas : 26 km
- Du Buron de Rajas - Saint-Chély-d'Aubrac : 19 km
- Saint-Chély-d'Aubrac Laguiole : 24 km
- Laguiole - Saint-Urcize : 18.5 km
- Saint-Urcize - La Chaldette : 17.5 km
- La Chaldette - Termes : 25.5 km
- Termes - Aumont-Aubrac : 18 km