Find out more...
The Régordane way (GR 700) is a hiking trail from le Puy-en-Velay to Saint-Gilles-du-Gard. Its 240 km can be covered on foot in about 12 to 15 days.
The Régordane way, or path of Saint Gilles, is an ancient trade route that linked the Mediterranean to the Île de France, and that was traversed by merchants, pilgrims but also knights.
The Régordane Way starts with a discovery of le Velay, you’ll then cross the Cevennes with Villefort, Garde-Guérin or even Portes with its imposing 11th century castle. Your hike will end in the Camargue, in Saint-Gilles-du-Gard, where you can discover its 12th century abbey, listed as a World Heritage Site.
Ideas for stages
You can use the following stages to prepare your hike. Of course, these can be modified according to your chosen accommodations:
- le Puy-en-Velay - Costaros, 20 km
- Costaros - Langogne, 25 km
- Langogne - La Bastide-Puylaurent, 24 km
- La Bastide-Puylaurent - Villefort, 22 km
- Villefort - Genolhac, 14 km
- Génolhac - Portes, 14 km
- Portes - Alès, 24 km
- Alès - Ners, 17,5 km
- Ners - Saint-Chaptes, 15 km
- Saint-Chaptes - La Calmette, 18 km
- La Calmette - Nîmes, 19 km
- Nîmes - Générac, 16 km
- Générac - Saint-Gilles-du-Gard, 12 km