Find out more...
The Cantal Volcanoes tour (GR 400) hiking trail covers 140 km and can be covered in about 8 days. Shorter circuits are also possible, of two or three days for example.
With the Cantal Volcanoes tour, you'll discover a medium mountain circuit with sublime landscapes, alternating between peaks, ridges and valley. For example, you'll pass through the Cère Valley, the Puy Griou (1,690 m), as well as the highest peak of the Cantal, the Plomb du Cantal that rises to an altitude of 1,855 m.
Ideas for stages
You can use the following stages to prepare your hike. Of course, these can be modified according to your chosen accommodations:
- Step 1 : Murat - Super-Lioran, 19 km
- Step 2 : Super-Lioran - les Claux, 19 km
- Step 3 : Les Claux - le Falgoux, 15 km
- Step 4 : Le Falgoux - le Fau, 18 km
- Step 5 : Le Fau - Mandailles, 23 km
- Step 6 : Mandailles - Thiézac, 13 km
- Step 7 : Thiézac - Prat-de-Bouc, 18 km
- Step 8 : Prat-de-Bouc - Murat, 16 km