Find out more...
The Great crossing of the Haute Loire by mountain bike is a newly marked 600 km trail through the Haute-Loire department. Opened in the spring of 2021, it makes the most of the department's 3700 km of marked trails.
Whether you're looking for an adventure or a sporting challenge, the GCHL will be sure to satisfy.
Beginning at Le Puy en Velay, the path has several entryways and you'll find many providers offering services adapted to bicycle travel. You'll discover the Beaume waterfall, the Gorges of the Allier and Loire, the Mézenc and Meygal Massifs...
A perfect route for a manual or electrically-assisted mountain bike.
Proposal of a sports route in 11 stages:
Depending on your desires and the available accommodation, many other stages are possible to enjoy the trip.
- Step 1 : Le Puy en Velay – le Bouchet Saint Nicolas
- Step 2 : Le Bouchet Saint Nicolas – Lavoûte Chilhac
- Step 3 : Lavoûte Chilhac – Blesle
- Step 4 : Blesle – Champagnac le Vieux
- Step 5 : Champagnac le Vieux – la Chaise Dieu
- Step 6 : La Chaise Dieu – Saint André de Chalencon
- Step 7 : Saint André de Chalencon – Aurec sur Loire
- Step 8 : Aurec sur Loire – Tence
- Step 9 : Tence – Saint Julien Chapteuil
- Step 10 : Saint Julien Chapteuil – Les Estables
- Step 11 : Les Estables – le Puy en Velay