Find out more...
The Great Crossing of the Ardèche (GTA) is a hiking trail that covers 315 km. By mountain bike, it can be covered in about 7 stages, depending on your accommodations. The route starts in Annonay in the direction of Bourg-Saint-Andéol, passing between the departments of Haute-Loire and Ardèche.
On your hike, you'll have superb views of the Monts d'Ardèche Regional Nature Park. You'll pass through Saint-Bonnet-le-Froid, Mont Mézenc (1753 m), Mont Gerbier-de-Jonc (source of the Loire), or Les Vans and Vallon-Pont-d'Arc.
Ideas for stages
You can use the following stages to prepare your hike. Of course, these can be modified according to your chosen accommodations:
- Step 1 : Annonay - Devesset : 56 km
- Step 2 : Devesset - Les Estables : 46 km
- Step 3 : Les Estables - Lanarce : 53 km
- Step 4 : Lanarce - Montselgues : 40 km
- Step 5 : Montselgues - Les Vans : 34 km
- Step 6 : Les Vans - Vallon-Pont-d’Arc : 35 km
- Step 7 : Vallon-Pont-d’Arc - Bourg-Saint-Andéol : 51 km