Find out more...
The hike from the Cantal Mountains to the Lot Valley (via the GR 465) is a 115 km route that can be covered in 6 or 7 days. Located between the departments of Cantal and Aveyron, this route will take you through the Plomb de Cantal and its high plateaus before reaching the Truyère and Lot valleys.
During your hike, you'll discover Murat, Entraygues-sur-Truyère, a small village at the junction of the Lot and Truyère gorges and finish your trip with Conques and its abbey, remarkable for its architecture and the treasures that are preserved there.
Ideas for stages
You can use the following stages to prepare your hike. Of course, these can be modified according to your chosen accommodations:
- Step 1 : Murat - Albepierre-Bredons, 6.5 km
- Step 2 : Albepierre-Bredons - Pailherols, 23.5 km
- Step 3 : Pailherols - Mur-de-Barrez, 14 km
- Step 4 : Mur-de-Barrez - Murols, 18 km
- Step 5 : Murols - Entraygues-sur-Truyères, 25 km
- Step 6 : Entraygues-sur-Truyères - Vieillevie, 23 km
- Step 7 : Vieillevie - Conques, 20 km