Find out more...
The Causse Méjean tour is a 110 km loop in the heart of the Lozère that can be covered on foot in about 6 or 7 days. It’s a route without major difficulty that will surprise you by the mystical side of its landscapes, between steppes and prehistoric vestiges.
Starting from Meyrueis or Le Rozier, the tour is usually counterclockwise.
On the trail, you can enjoy both the wide open spaces of the Causse and the gorges of the Tarn. The latter, which you'll follow to the north, offer superb views.
For bird lovers, the Gorges de la Jonte, between Meyrueis and Le Rozier, offer superb points for observing vultures.
In the same area as the Causse Méjean tour, you can also enjoy hiking around Mont Lozère or through the gorges of the Tarn.
Ideas for stages
- Step 1 : Meyrueis - Saint Pierre de Tripiers, 19 km
- Step 2 : Saint Pierre de Tripiers - Les Vignes, 22.5 km
- Step 3 : les Vignes - Mas-Saint-Chély, 18 km
- Step 4 : Mas Saint Chély - Florac, 23 km
- Step 5 : Florac - l’Hom, 19 km
- Step 6 : L’Hom - Meyrueis, 10 km
Please note: several tours are possible depending on the number of days and the desired stages